System Management Technician – 1st / 2nd Line
We are currently recruiting for a System Management Technician (level one/two IT support) candidate to expand our award winning team based from our office in Peterborough.
The perfect fit
We are looking for an individual to compliment and add to the skills of our busy, dynamic IT services department. At the forefront of our business, the team is responsible for providing telephone/remote IT support to a user base of over 1200 with the propensity for onsite visits also.
- To provide a high level of service to the business in a deadline driven environment and work to an agreed service level.
- Maintain relationships with fellow IT staff and the business.
- Ability to meet agreed service level and business driven deadlines.
- Ensuring excellent and professional communication.
- Ability to keep up on new and existing technologies
- A team player, is punctual, positive, organised and self-motivated.
- Has exceptional inter-personal, communication and customer service skills.
- Takes pressure in their stride and produces excellent results.
- Takes a calm, focused, considered and analytical approach to problem escalation situations
Experience and qualifications
- Trouble shooting skills
- Technical background of Windows 7/8/10 and Mac-based OS, Microsoft Office and 365
- Experience of network & local printers.
- Good experience of internet browser software and configuration.
- Experience of providing support via remote control applications.
- Understanding of the basic concepts of networking in a structured cable environment.
- Good scheduling and time utilisation skills.
- Experience / good understanding of desktop technologies
- Basic AD administration
The candidate will need a full, clean, UK driver’s license and preferably their own vehicle.
Place of work
Although part of the Peterborough team, we are happy to discuss home working options to suit your needs and concerns
Under normal non-COVID conditions, the following facilities are open to you
- Free gym
- On-site Cafe for coffee, meals and snacks (not subsidised)
- Pool table
These facilities are currently closed or limited to comply with government guidance
Initially £21,000 per annum, rising to £23,000 per annum plus profit related bonus after successful probationary period and performance review (3 months)
Equal opportunities employer
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You may apply securely here with some basic contact information and by uploading your CV. Neither your CV or your personal information is stored on our website. Closing date 20th July 2020