Widely recognised as the voice of the UK fresh produce industry, the Fresh Produce Consortium plays a unique and crucial role in creating opportunities, defending livelihoods and supporting the growth of its members’ businesses from picking and packing to retailer and restaurant.
In 2013, an improved and extended database system demanded new server hardware to cope with the new load, and given the heavy reliance on IT that the new system would bring; an enhanced disaster recovery solution was required
- Effect a complete server migration during busy working hours with minimum disruption.
- Provide a disaster recovery solution that allows business continuity in the event of main server failure.
- A Dell PowerEdge server with Small Business Server with Premium Add-in
- A Dell PowerEdge server for failover and continuity
- Double Take software for data replication and fast failover
- Replicate existing settings, email and data to new server
- Data refresh out of hours to prevent disruption
- Connect existing devices to new server
- Setup failover server and replication
- Retire old server and test new system thoroughly
- The migration was achieved on time and on budget with minimal disruption to operations
- Emails and data were available during working hours
- Primary server benefits from continuous replication and near instant failover in the event of failure